Wednesday, April 11, 2012

mantle love

My friend Monica loves her house. She loves the location, the layout, and all the improvements they have made to it. But her house is lacking something -a mantle. She loves mantles, and has had them in her previous homes. When I suggested she just get one, she gave me a quizical look and reminded me that she doesn't have a fireplace. No problem Monica; don't let that little detail deter your mantle love.

Here are some amazing non-fireplace mantle images.* As you can see, mantles add archeitectural interest and definition to any room - a living room, a dining room, a bedroom, and even an outdoor space.



image source
 This one is really fun the way it incorporates the painted book shelves. That yellow background color certainly pops.


image source
This is fun -turning a mantle into a headboard.


image source

And if you're really hung up on having a fireplace for your mantle, here's some sources for installing a ventless fireplace. (The best news, you don't necessarily need a chimney these days for a fireplace!)


Do you have a mantle crush? Where's your favorite mantle location?

*I gathered these images long before Pinterest or this blog, for my own personal use. Sadly, I did not keep a record of where I got them, so if any of these images are yours, or know the source, kindly feel free to let me know. Thanks.

1 comment:

  1. I love the idea of just getting a mantle... no fireplace required! We actually have a really large tv hanging on the wall and I've been contemplating getting a mantle to put under it. It's going to take some doing to talk the Hubs into it though!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my readers. Thank you for your comment. No urls please.

09 10