Wednesday, April 4, 2012

my pink bathroom -part3

Remember my pink bathroom, posted here? It's hard to forget.



And remember how I finally decided that I love white subway, posted here?


Well, after image immersion and a couple of trips the two blue and orange home improvement stores, I took the plunge and committed to white subway tile, glass penny rounds, and white grout. And I love it.





We added a small band of the glass penny rounds for some interest. The subway tile goes all the way up to the ceiling. We also added a glass shelve to eliminate the over-the-shower-head-caddy. It's just a small one, but it holds everything we need. (We do have a three section soap dispenser, as well, so that helps minimize many assorted bottles of shower gel, baby shampoo, etc.)

We are pretty happy with the tile! It looks so much cleaner, fresher, and most of  all newer!

And it turns out, tiling isn't all that difficult. (Good to know, because this girl wants a new kitchen back splash!)

Just a note: We did keep our pink tub, but we painted it white with special bath tub paint.

Do you have any tiling experiences? Or emergency home DIY projects?

Other post you might like:
my pink bathroom part 1
my pink bathroom part 2

Linked to BNOTP, ThriftyDecorChick

16 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh I love it with all my heart. Exactly what I would have done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I hope you all are doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh- so much better! The effort really paid off!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a totally awesome re-do! Wow - those subway tile and the flooring are just great. Fabulous job - it should be in a magazine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Opps, I think you might be mistaking my "inspiration image" for the after shot. We haven't replaced our floor yet. Sorry for the confusion.

      Delete
  5. Looks beautiful!!! I love the subway tile!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it, especially the penny tile. Nothing like being forced to remodel an 1960's bath, is there? I must admit, I still kinda like vintage pink bathrooms though. But prefer white subway tile any day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks amazing. Can't wait to see the full room reveal...

    :)

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great makeover! I love the subway tile with the band.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Classic & perfect choices! Very pretty.. - Susan

    ReplyDelete
  10. you mean you are not going to keep the pink tub? :) definitely a MAJOR improvement!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love adding the penny band at the top! what a great idea! Thanks for the ispiration today!

    blessings,
    karianne

    ReplyDelete
  12. seriously? bathtub paint? Thats a thing? So good to know! I love your new shower. So crisp and fresh. Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This. Is. Gorgeous!!! Do you happen to have any other finished photos of your bathroom/tiling? I plan on removing my 50's turquoise and black tile and hope to do something similar to your design. The glass penny tile looks great and breaks up the white tile nicely. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Really a great addition. I have read this marvelous post. Thanks for sharing information about it. I really like that. Thanks so lot for your convence.
    marble floor tile

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my readers. Thank you for your comment. No urls please.

09 10