Tuesday, July 10, 2012

pool party favors

When my little girl asked me to plan her summer birthday party, I knew I had to come up with something good! She has a crazy big imagination, and I knew I needed to match it!

The problem? She wanted a fishy-themed pool party. Since, we just did a fishy theme for my baby,  posted about here, I knew she would wanted something different.

That's were Pinterest came to the rescue.

I remembered the worms from Clara's 2nd birthday party, and thought I could do a play on some of YHL's inspiration.

After a trip to the nearby dollar store, the party store, and the grocery store, I knew I had enough supplies to pull it off.

Take a look!

These lure-coated fishing rods were easy to create with pretzels rods, melted chocolate, and some colorful sprinkles. Attach a computer printed tag with some twine, and your in business.



 The fish breath bubbles were leftover from my other fishy party. I just attached a different tag. I used the same handwritten style font on each favor tag.


These cute little pals were a find at the party store for only .79 each. Filled with some gummy worms and Swedish fish, they were much better smelling than real bait!



And of course, what's a fish party with out the catch of the day? I spied these at the Dollar Store. Who would have thought a cheap piece of plastic would be so fun? These colorful fish had a drawstring worm attached at the mouth that when pulled moved the fish's tail. My kids had lots of fun testing it out in the pool prior to the party.



These flower-shaped orange noodles provide the perfect pool party floaty for all the fishy guests. (Because, some little fish don't swim so well yet.)


After the worm sandwich lunch, these worm topped ice cream and cake parfaits were served. Perfect for little fish taking a swim break. You can check out how I made them here.



My little fish said this was the best birthday party ever -even better than last year. Whew! I'm not sure I'm looking forward to planning her next party with that kind of expectation though.

And as a result of this party, I had a new table making project on my hands. {Lesson learned, don't leave unprotected furniture outside on the patio in the rain. But, that's later. . .}

Sunday: I Heart Naptime, Nifty Thrifty Things, It's Overflowing, MopItUp , Twigg Studios Monday: Made by You, C.R.A.F.T. DIY Showoff, Between Naps on the Porch, Debbie Doo's, Home Stories A to Z, diy home sweet home Tuesday: Coastal Charm, Nest for Less, Tip Junkie, My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia, A Bowl Full of Lemons, Get Your Craft On, ClaimingOurSpace Wednesday: Uncommon, Savvy Southern Style, Organize and Decorate, Power of Paint, Newlyweds Recipe Linky, Southern Lovely , Home Happy Home, Gingersnap Crafts Thursday: The Shabby Creek Cottage, Made in a Day, House of Hepworths, the 36th Avenue, Crafty, Scrappy, Happy, 52 Mantels Friday: Making Lemonade, Blissful and Domestic, One Artsy Mama, Serenity Now, Tatertots and Jello, The Shabby Nest, Thirty Handmade Days, Addicted 2 Decorating, Funky Junk Interiors, Financial Friday, At the Picket Fence, Classy Clutter

17 comments:

  1. that is simply adorable! please please link it up at pin'inspiration thursday on my blog :) I am now going to show this to my dd and convince her to let me throw a party like this :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute idea! So well put together. I like the fishy breath bubbles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,
    THis is my first time to visit you as this is my 2nd time joining in BNOP's MetMonday.

    TY for an adorable idea. I need this inspiration. My bday is coming soon.

    Have a blissful Monday and a blessed week to come.
    /CC from Stockholm

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful way to make happy memories. Love it! Thank you for sharing. I'm hopping over from the more the merrier. Hugs. P.S. I'm following :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just the cutest idea. YUM on the chocolate dipped pretzels too. Thanks for sharing with the newbie party.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a cute idea! I love it. Hi, I'm your newest follower from the Newbie Party. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great party you threw! Is it bad that I want a fish party for my next 39th birthday? :-D Thanks so much for sharing on Tout It! Hope to see you again.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Soo cute! Love this thanks for linkin up!
    Kim@madeinaday

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very nice decoration! i like your ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's adorable and I think we can make all things by hand for fishy party. But it's not bad idea if we buy some things to add new. baby shower party favors

    ReplyDelete
  11. If you have a swimming pool inside your home and you are looking to have a pool party, then you first must have the regular maintenance of the Swimming pool. First clean the pool by taking the leaf or unwanted materials from inside the Pool and then check whether the Pool filter is working properly or not which results for healthy swimming. Such things you must keep in mind before giving the pool party.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Have you ever considered creating an e-book or guest authoring on other websites?
    I have a blog centered on the same ideas you discuss and would
    really like to have you share some stories/information. I know
    my subscribers would appreciate your work. If you're
    even remotely interested, feel free to send me an e mail.



    my web site: pre action protocol clinical negligence

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like a lot this nice job of us. Fishing

    ReplyDelete
  14. How lovely these pool party favors are! I am just stunned to see all these cute favors. My niece’s birthday is coming soon and I would love to use one these favors for the guests. We are going to host a grand mermaid themed party at her favorite garden party venue New York.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi there,
    Thank you so much for the post you do and also I like your post, Are you looking for Red Asia in the whole USA? We are providing Buy Yellow Vietnam Capsules , Yellow Vietnam Kratom ,Buy White Bali Online , White Bali , Buy White Sumatra Kratom , Buy White Thai Kratom , White Horn Kratom , White Borneo Kratom Capsule the well price and our services are very fast.
    Click here for Contact +1 818-533-8070 , Email: kratomglobal333@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my readers. Thank you for your comment. No urls please.

09 10