Wednesday, July 4, 2012

happy fourth!

With today being the Fourth of July, I can't think of a better place to celebrate than Boston!

With the Boston Pops Esplanade Orchestra conducted by Keith Lockhart at the Hatch Shell, a performance by Jennifer Hudson, and the finale fireworks display over the Charles River, it really is a spectacular event. Well worth hanging out with half a million other people and taking an overcrowed train home.

We went a few years back when Neil Diamond performed. Here's some photos. . .

The Hatch Shell is all decked out for the event.

source
Get ready to cover your ears when the fighter jets do a fly by. It was seriously the LOUDEST noise I have ever heard!
And of course, Neil Diamond HAD to sing Sweet Caroline, a bottom of the 8th inning Fenway tradition.

What's your favorite 4th of July location?

1 comment:

  1. How fun! I've always wanted to see the Boston Pops on the 4th! I guess my favorite place was the town of Sealy Lake, Montana. They had the most awesome old-fashioned 4th!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my readers. Thank you for your comment. No urls please.

09 10