Monday, July 9, 2012

ice cream & cake parfait

The easiest way to serve cake and ice cream at a children's party -parfait style!

I made these ice cream and cake parfaits recently for my daughter's summer birthday party.  I was running the party solo, so I knew I need to have everything done in advance.

These were the perfect solution to serving cake and ice cream to a young crowd. Everything can be done ahead of time, just pull them out of the freezer and enjoy the party along with your guests.




MATERIALS
  • Clear glasses
  • Ice cream
  • Cake
  • Crushed Oreos
  • Gummy worms

DIRECTIONS
  1. Prepare a cake of your choosing. Bake in a half sheet pan.
  2. After baking remove the cake from the pan and cool on a wire rack.
  3. Freeze the cake, until firm enough to cut. I baked mine in the morning and it was chilled enough by evening to cut out.
  4. Using a round cookie cutter the same diameter as your glass, carefully cut out cake. (See photo below.)
  5. Place a scoop of soften ice cream into cup. Top with a layer of fudge, cake, and whipped cream.
  6. Garnish according to your event. I sprinkled crumbed Oreos and placed a gummy worm on top to accompany our fishy theme.
Don't forget use a cutter the same diameter as your serving glasses.


Anyone else have an all-in-one dessert favorite?


Sunday: |I Heart Naptime|Nifty Thrifty Things|It's Overflowing| MopItUp| Twigg Studios| Monday: |Made By You| C.R.A.F.T.| DIY Showoff|Between Naps on the Porch| Debbie Doo's| Home Stories A to Zdiy home sweet home Tuesday: Coastal Charm| Nest for Less|Tip Junkie|My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia|A Bowl Full of Lemons|Get Your Craft On|ClaimingOurSpace Wednesday: Uncommon|Savvy Southern Style |Organize and Decorate| NYMelroseFamily|Newlyweds Recipe Linky|Southern Lovely| Home Happy Home|Gingersnap Crafts  Thursday: The Shabby Creek Cottage|Made in a Day|House of Hepworths|the 36th AvenueCrafty Scrappy, Happy|52 Mantels Friday: Making Lemonade|Blissful and Domestic|One Artsy Mama|Serenity Now| Tatertots and Jello|The Shabby Nest|Thirty Handmade Days|Addicted 2 Decorating|Funky Junk Interiors|Financial Friday|At the Picket Fence|Classy Clutter|

7 comments:

  1. These are fun...and delish. thanks for sharing with the newbie party.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea. Reminds me of the dirt cakes we used to make for class parties in Spring using pudding.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome idea! I love that you can have it ready ahead of time and don't have to stand and scoop ice cream. Would love for you to link up: http://cuteeverything.com/cute/link-party/wonderful-wednesday-link-up-party-10/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum! I love parfaits, they just look tasty in the glass. Thanks so much for sharing on Tout It Tuesday! Hope to see you tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look great! Thanks for linkin up last week! Hope to see you again this week!
    Kim@madeinaday
    http://madeinaday

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea! I'll definitely try this for my boy's next party.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my readers. Thank you for your comment. No urls please.

09 10