Friday, July 6, 2012

visit boston

One of my favorite things about moving to New England has been getting to know the charming city of Boston. And since Wednesday was the 4th, it reminded me of all the fun things to do in the city.


NEWBURY STREET
Just a few blocks from the Marriott hotel, a Newbury St is a thriving vibrant downtown shopping and dining district.

COPLEY PLACE MALL AND SHOPS AT THE PRUDENTIAL
If you don't want to go outside to shop or dine, you'll love the 200 shops and restaurants connected via the Copley Place Mall and Shops at the Prudential Center.

BOSTON DUCK TOURS
Climb aboard a Boston duck Tour, a WWiii style amphibious landing vehicle shows you Boston by land and river. The comedic drivers really make this relaxing tour worth the ticket price.

COPLEY SQUARE
Copley Square s surrounded by magnificent buildings including the Trinity Church, Boston Public Library and John Hancock buildings.

FENWAY PARK
Celebrating its 100 Anniversary in 2012, this historic ballpark should not be missed. Take a tour to see where the Babe pitched, the Kid hit, Yaz dazzled and the Red Sox Nation roars.

FREEDOM TRAIL
Walk the 2.5 mile Freedom Trail and follow the American Revolution through 16 nationally significant historic sites.


SYMPHONY HALL
Go behind the scenes and see America's premier concert hall and where distinguished musicians come from all over the world to play.

MUSEUM OF FINE ARTS
The MFA is one of the most comprehensive art museums in the world, with a collection of over 450,000 works of art.

BOSTON PUBLIC GARDEN
Established in 1837 as the first public botanical garden, this beautiful park still features rich and unusual plants and a lagoon where the famous Swan Boats have been operating for more than 130 years. Plus, on any given day you can stop at any number of vendors for hot roasted nuts and hear live music.

4 comments:

  1. Fun. My husband used to work for a company whose headquarters were in Boston. He loved visiting there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing! I plant to go one of these days....it's on my list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Boston is a city that I'd like to visit someday. I've only flown into it, hired a car, and driven out of it into Maine. I love historical things and know that I'd love that city.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I definitely bookmarked this for when we go there. I want to visit all 50 states someday. I also wanted to let you know that I am giving you the Versatile Blogger award. I love everything about your site and the way you write your posts. Come on by and grab the image.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my readers. Thank you for your comment. No urls please.

09 10