Thursday, June 6, 2013

all the fun things you find

We recently finished stripping the wallpaper in our living room and our dining room (you can read about it here and here). Although its a lot of work, it is always fun to peel back the layers and find the little and the larger pieces of our home's history.

For example, I often come across notes:


But this time, we came across a window.



Apparently, there used to be two windows in my dining room. We're guessing they removed it when they added on the family room. Which makes sense because it sits right in the middle of my front porch's header, making it structurally necessary or at least inhibiting the view.

Have you made any fun discoveries? Or left any for others to find?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers. Thank you for your comment. No urls please.

09 10